Accountants provide services relating to financial reporting, taxation, auditing and accounting information systems. They assist the financial decision-making of organisations and individuals and provide advice on compliance and money management matters.
This role would suit someone who had the ability to interpret figures and information, enjoys maths and has strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is desirable. You would generally work normal office hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime to meet deadlines at busy times.
- Assist in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
- Prepare financial statements, and reports for presentation to management, government and auditors
- Conduct financial investigations and audits
- May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
- Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
To become an Accountant
Accountants prepare and inspect financial records. Accountants assess the financial dealings and operations of individuals and/or organisations and provide advice on associated compliance and record keeping.