We are happy to announce the recipients for the second round of Community Grants for 2023. This round supports nine community projects that improve and strengthen regional community development and fulfil FGM's commitment to social responsibility.
FGM General Manager, Lance Faulkner said:. "We are proud to help local community initiatives that promote sustainability, health and well-being. The contribution of these funds aims to offer assistance and foster our continued commitment to our surrounding community."
Congratulations to ...
1. Elmore Recreation Reserve – to replace seating around the ground, enhancing safety and comfort for the public.
2. Neighbourhood Collective Australia – to enhance the Old Church Community Garden, improving disability access and promoting healthy, communal food cultivation.
3. Lockington Golf Club – to upgrade their clubhouse iPad and printer, enhancing their administrative efficiency and member communication.
4. SES Heathcote – to upgrade their rescue vehicle's storage for better organisation, accessibility, and quicker emergency responses.
5. Friends of Kilmore Rail Trail - to enhance the user experience and contribute to the trail's status by adding more interpretive signs along the historical railway.
6. Huntly Community Hub – to purchase office equipment for enhancing community engagement, facilitating fundraising, and creating promotional materials.
7. Zonta Club of Bendigo Inc. – to support the Toiletry Bag Project, supplying essential toiletries and hairdressing vouchers to at-risk women and families.
8. Shine Bright Rochester Kindergarten – to establish a multifunctional Community Garden & Green Space at their new site for the benefit of children and the local community.
9. Junortoun Rural Fire Brigade – to outfit their vehicles with advanced tools and lighting for improved emergency response.