IT Support Officers provide support, education and guidance in the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and issues. IT support officers may also be known as IT operations support analysts, IT support technicians or help desk officers.
- Interpret drawings, diagrams and specifications and determine suitable materials and sequence of operations
- Check fabricated and assembled parts for fit, tolerance and accuracy using precision measuring tools
- Use machinery and tools to form raw materials into finished products by cutting, pressing, grinding, planing, boring and drilling
- Perform routine maintenance of machines and tools and diagnosing and repairing faults
- Use various welding techniques and machining processes to replace and repair parts
- Cut, thread, bend and install pipes and lines for hydraulic components
- Following safety protocols
To become a Maintenance Fitter
A Certificate III in Engineering is usually required to attain a Maintenance Fitter role, either combined with, or in place of an apprenticeship.